Sign in to follow this  
Trayo

Another newbie

Hi, some of you may know me from another parenting forum. I have joined here on resommendation after my 3 year old daughter, Emma, has been diagnosed with HFA. It was no surprise to me, but that still doesn't make it easier. The biggest challenge we face is the regular occurrence of meltdowns, even in her sleep. She is down to have an EEG and possibly a MRI in the near future, to rule out some form of seizure or absence attack, as she seems very scared and confused when she calms down. Meltdowns can be spectacular, and in one episode she left me with a broken wrist after kicking out.

I am still new to this world, and we are still in the early stage of sorting out a programme to suit her. Preschool have been excellent and had her on IEPs long before we got our diagnosis, and the SALT were pleased with that route.

We still have a lot to learn about this, so I shall be reading a lot of posts with interest.

Edited by Trayo

Hi Trayo

Welcome to the forum.

I hope all the medical tests go OK. I am sure you will get support and advice on here - I have.