Sign in to follow this  
Sammysnake

Boy with AS interviews his mum

I came across this video via Facebook and love it. The mum and son in this are just like me and my daughter - I really identified with the way they speak to each other and the things they think. It made me cry a little at the end but in a really good way. I love my daughter so much, she is fascinating and bright and full of fun and life and I love so much the fact that she's such an interesting person. I'm so proud of all she does and the wonderful person she is. I hope this makes you smile as much as it did me :wub:.

http://www.wimp.com/boyinterviews/

Edited by Sammysnake

What a lovely little 'positive' film. There was one small bit - when discussing Amy being more popular - when I thought 'Aspergers' came to the fore where it didn't need to (the age and sex difference would probably be more than enough to explain why people would think Amy 'cuter'), but if the interaction was as casual and spontaneous as it seemed an easy slip to make, iyswim. And either way, people are likely to judge him on personality characteristics, so much better to be straight with him about that regardless of whether the characteristics arise from 'AS' or just who he is.

Poor ol' c0ck-a-roaches. They do get a bad press, don't they! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad