nettsky

Hi all.. :)

Hello everyone,

I found this forum on a frantic late night search for help..

seeings as registration takes a couple of days, I'm now in a much better state and can explain myself a whole load better.

I guess I'll start with some background info..

I'm 26, and have been hypersensitive for as long as I can remember.

I've been living in the UK for almost 3 years now.

In sep 09 I started a 2 year art course, with the hopes of going into fashion as a designer.

The first year of the course had its challenges, but with support from staff and counselling I got through it.

The second year was a whole new ball game.. from a group of 40 (split in 2) we went to 250 students, a dozen new staff members, the loss of our group head (the group that did the first year), and there was a massive change in curriculum, so the staff where also overwhelmed.

Along with my Fibromialgya and a brewing depression, the sensitivity was too much for me to manage.

I was told that the staff would be informed about my issues and be understanding. Instead, I was put at the centre of attention and stuck out like a sore thumb..

2 months in I left the course.

I am now working (very)part time, and am at home most of the time.

The reason I was frantic that night I found this place, was that I couldn't escape, I felt trapped and was considering stabbing my ear drums out. Earplugs, big headphones and loud music (all together) aren't enough to block out the noise..

That feeling has been coming more and more often, and I need help.

The noise of cars a block away, neigbours' tv and music, the pub next door.. and that's in the quiet time of day.

I'm on a 12 month waiting list for a neurobehavioral expert to be assessed for asperger (which runs in my family), but didn't score with in the 80% of a typical aspergers patient on the initial questioner.

I can't wait so long to start living my life again. I feel trapped and alone, not being able to manage the world around me.

I hope I've not babbled on too much, and thank you for reading..

:)

Edited by nettsky

Hello. :) I've nothing helpful to say I'm afraid, but I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time of it (((hugs))).

Hi and welcome, I'm relatively new here myself!

I would have thought that with (what sound like) severe symptoms that 12 months would be too long to wait. Is there no way of excalating with your doc to get diagnosed more rapidly? Good luck though and given the nature of this forum, there's people on here at all times of day and night - me included!

I've been living in the UK for almost 3 years now.

Where did you move from?