spiritwind

Aspie Groups in TW3 area???

Grandson age 5 with Aspergers. Really needs like minded friends.

We live in Hounslow, without car, but he will travel by train if not too far.

Hoping to hear from lots of you

Cass and Dan

:party:

we do not live or work in Norfolk Broads!

Edited by spiritwind

Have you tried the National Autistic Society - they have a list of groups and services in different areas. I'm afraid I don't know where Hounslow is so I couldn't look it up for you, but you could look on this site: Local NAS services. Failing that you could call the NAS helpline and they may point you in the direction of services.

we do not live or work in Norfolk Broads!

Are you sure? :unsure: The number of posters here who come from there, there must be some really good services in that area! :whistle:

Actually 'Norfolk Broads' is your posting status - the broads are flat, and as you make more posts, you move up different hills and then mountains until you reach Everest after making many thousands of posts. :)

Thanks for replies thus far.

We are members of NAS and as far as they are aware there is nothing available in Hounslow or local surrounds for Aspies.

Hoped by posting on these forums someone would either live near us who also wants support and friendship, or we would find out there are previously unknown groups in Hounslow and be wonderfully surprised.

I have googled local Aspie groups till I am blue in the face without finding anything.

Silly me. Never realised the posting status worked that way.

Cass and Dan

:jester:

Just found a couple of things I've dug up on the internet:

This is a group just for girls, but if you contact them they may know of something suitable for your grandson: http://www.metooandco.org.uk/activities/girlsconnect

And then this list of things in London, there may be something near you: http://www.autismlondon.org.uk/pdf-files/supportgroupsinLondon.pdf

Other than that, I can only suggest you try contacting Mencap as I know they run things like playschemes and holiday clubs for children. They are more about disability in general, but may have something useful.

Just found a couple of things I've dug up on the internet:

This is a group just for girls, but if you contact them they may know of something suitable for your grandson: http://www.metooandco.org.uk/activities/girlsconnect

And then this list of things in London, there may be something near you: http://www.autismlondon.org.uk/pdf-files/supportgroupsinLondon.pdf

Other than that, I can only suggest you try contacting Mencap as I know they run things like playschemes and holiday clubs for children. They are more about disability in general, but may have something useful.

Thank you Tally I will certainly take a look

Cass :robbie:

Waiting for a reply from girls only link, the other link gives:

Borough specific but none for our borough, age specific and too old for Dan, support for the parents and carers but not the Aspie themselves and finally... ethnicity specific and we did not fit the criteria.

Will keep on hoping

Cass

Edited by spiritwind

You could always contact some of them and see if they know of anything in your area. A parents/carers group may also be a way of getting to know someone who has a child of a similar age that you could meet socially with outside the group along with your children. Perhaps a little long-winded way of going about it, but it could work.

Very true Tally and I thank you for your assistance.

It has been a long 2 years trying to find clubs, groups etc for Daniel to join that meet his exacting needs and wants. I have today had a response from the Me Too & co group, so I will be contacting them tomorrow.

As an ex Social and Youth Worker I am quite au fait with the routes to help and assistance... but have to admit I find Hounslow poorly serviced for young Asperger males.

Even the NAS of whom we are members had nothing to offer in our Borough, yes I could attempt to start a group if I had the time, however, Dan is a 24/7 time snatcher, plus I breed and show Siamese and Oriental Cats and am studying for a degree in Child Psychology (I study at night).

Cheers Tally for the words

Cass

:bat:

Another cat person :)

While I was Googling yesterday I discovered a group in Croydon for adults with AS and they have their monthly meeting tomorrow night which I am going to attend. I wouldn't have found it if you had not asked the question!!