Sign in to follow this  
Robert Hickman

I'm walking 177 miles in support of the NAS

Hello people.

Some time in the next month or two, I am going to do a sponsored walk, the whole 177 miles making up Offa's Dyke Path. I aim to raise £10,000 for the National Autistic Society.

For the benefit of those not familiar with the UK's national trails, the ODP follows Offa's Dyke, an earthwork created by king Offa in the 8th century which divides England and Wales. The following map shows the approximate route of the footpath:

177_miles_big.jpg

Please visit the project's page to find out more, and please support the project in any way you can.

Hello people.

Some time in the next month or two, I am going to do a sponsored walk, the whole 177 miles making up Offa's Dyke Path. I aim to raise £10,000 for the National Autistic Society.

For the benefit of those not familiar with the UK's national trails, the ODP follows Offa's Dyke, an earthwork created by king Offa in the 8th century which divides England and Wales. The following map shows the approximate route of the footpath:

177_miles_big.jpg

Please visit the project's page to find out more, and please support the project in any way you can.

Hi Robert - Very best for your hike. A bit late in the day, I know, but have you thought about starting a donations page on something like 'just giving'? I usually try to donate something when anyone on the forum is doing anything for the NAS, but feel uncomfortable doing so on a personal website. I hope you'll appreciate that's not intended as any sort of 'sleight' - there are people on the forum who can confirm the former (there was a swimathon not too long ago) and i've actually suggested (i.e.) just giving to others undertaking sponsored events in the past...

Hope that's helpful.

L&P

BD

Oh - PS: Tried using the navigation on your website (i.e. to 'about' or your stories') on your website but they didn't work on my browser (IE8). You may want to look at this because if you're using firefox or something yourself there may be an incompatability issue for some visitors.

I now have a setting off date, 23 of July!

Also I have set up a Just Giving page for the project: http://www.justgiving.com/177-miles-for-autism Donations made through that site go directly to the charity, hopefully this will help offset the decidedly uninspiring response of zero donations so far.

Oh - PS: Tried using the navigation on your website (i.e. to 'about' or your stories') on your website but they didn't work on my browser (IE8). You may want to look at this because if you're using firefox or something yourself there may be an incompatability issue for some visitors.

Managed to push a development version of the theme live some how, with all the navigation links set to '#', oops. Thanks for pointing that out, now fixed.