Sign in to follow this  
dekaspace

Threatened with (illegal) eviction!

Been living here just under a year and on benefits.

Had various issues during the year inc someone stealing card details and having about 2 thousand pounds stolen(which I havent got back from bank yet) meaning I have no savings and pay rent late each month as my housing benefit cheque arrives a week - 10 days after rent is due for month which each month I explain to agency who are rude and dont care.

However due to being a part time student I have been messed around by jobcentre for past 6 weeks meaning I have had no benefits or housing money so living off money I sell possessions from.

Rent is 3 weeks late at moment and agency threatened me with voicemail and texts stating if not paid by 9am tommorow they will evict me on the spot which I know is illegal(and not just civil but CRIMIAAL as had a landlord try and evict me a few years ago)

Just wanted advice on the best course of action, thanks.

Hi

You really need to seek some advice from those in the know – Citizens Advice Bureau. Give them a call or if there's a local CAB office try and get yourself or a respresentative in there quick smart. Hope you get things sorted.

C.

Some good news I hope! my Social worker got in contact with me yesterday and got my jobseekers sorted out and the council said to just hand in a letter stating how I have been surviving the last 5 weeks without money.

Got messed about by council today stating I had to fill in an entire new form etc but my social worker rang them back and then said they have restarted claim and backdating it and not to worry about proof!

So I am happy but still not 100% convinced till I get a letter from council stating my award and I get payment since this is similar to what happened originally when the jobcentre restarted my money in may but then council told them to stop it because they have doubts about me and since their treatment of me has been bad it may happen again!