Hi, This is my first post so please bear with me. >:D<<'>

My Name is Sue and I have four great kids, Three boys, Liam (14) Dom (Nearly 11) Flynn (8) and my Daughter, Marcie who is 4. I am Married to Simon and have been for nearly 15 years.

My concerns are with my middle of the boys, Dominic. He is smart, charming, articulate and imaginative, frustrating rude agrressive and argumentative. I have struggled with Dom since he was about 18 months old with his behaviour problems. The issues that come with him are incredibly long, Tantrums, lack of empathy, obsessional tendancies, eats bizarre things, appears to feel no pain, Aggression, verbal abuse, assaults, damage, inappropriate sexual behaviours, stealing, lying, need for routine (and can't cope with lack of it) Obsessedd with time and the list goes on and on. He is currently been seen by CAMHS mainly to address the sexual behaviours. Due to this all four of my children are on the CPP due to the risk that Dom poses. CAMHS are of the opinion that this is a parenting issue rather than a physiological or psychological issue and have refered us to family therapy (our first proper session is Thursday) Ed psych seems to agree with this but this is not the opinion of school, or any of the extracurricular activity providers who care for dom. :wallbash:

I cannot shake this overwhelming feeling that something is not right with my child, and yet the people most qualified see only what they want to. The leading clinical pysch at our CAMHS unit visited his school and Dominic performed wonderfully his most fantastic traits. He has this overwhelming desire to impress people who visit as he wants people to see him as this great and terrific lad, which of course he is but they never see this other stuff which concerns everyone who encounters the "real" Dom on a daily basis.

Is there anyone on here going through something similar, or can advise me of what else I can do to improve Dom's situation. My concerns are in september he goes into Y6 and with all the change that comes with this I am scared for him. He is desperately unhappy and I want to make thisnks better for him and while I don't want a label as such, if the label gets him the support he needs in order to make his life easier and happier then bring it on. Or am I just chasing something that isn't there.

Sorry thats a long one but I have been on the inner raods of hell this week and needed to look somewhere

thanks in anticipation :)

I think your Son shows AS traits.

I would say Ignore it don't label it down don't tell him If he's got it and treat him normally.

Thats the best thing you can do. Quick question Is he got good Hand eye Co-ordination has he got any good hobbies also? That expend lots of energy.

He i sgreat at running, football rugby, drama. He goes to gym club where he is fab at trampolining and vault but floor work and beam, well lets just say he has the ballance of a weeble, cartwheels or anything like that he cant do. He falls over his own feet and though he can ride a bike and well, will quite often fall off, bt heres the really odd bit, he never appears to hurt himself. We have bought our own trampoline for him to bounce on and he'll just bounce all day lol