Sign in to follow this  
amy

advice for obtaining a psychological assessment

HI there -I would be very grateful if anyone could point me and my family to get professional help for our 9 yr old boy.Behaviour and difficulty handling his emotions have long been an issue and we do feel there may be in underlying ASD with our boy.His behaviour has disrupted his progress at school and is really starting to make things at home difficult -we are very worried about him.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a good clinical psychologist or team who can perhaps help us make sense of our boys behaviour and provide a full assessment for him I would be very grateful.We are willing to go privately and I would be grateful if anyone has any contacts for professionals they recommend.We live in East side of Scotland but are willing to travel.

Thanks

Amy

HI there -I would be very grateful if anyone could point me and my family to get professional help for our 9 yr old boy.Behaviour and difficulty handling his emotions have long been an issue and we do feel there may be in underlying ASD with our boy.His behaviour has disrupted his progress at school and is really starting to make things at home difficult -we are very worried about him.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a good clinical psychologist or team who can perhaps help us make sense of our boys behaviour and provide a full assessment for him I would be very grateful.We are willing to go privately and I would be grateful if anyone has any contacts for professionals they recommend.We live in East side of Scotland but are willing to travel.

Thanks

Amy

Where exactly are you Amy?

Have you spoken to anyone about this? A Health Visitor? A GP? Any teachers voicing concerns?

If you get a referral through the NHS, you would probably need to speak to a local health professional in order to get a referral for assessment. My little boy is younger than yours and we went this route. We are in Aberdeenshire. You may wish to contact the NAS in your area for some advice - their website gives contact details.

Lynda x