Sign in to follow this  
sesley

well its the end of Highland school holidays

Tomorrow,we start big school. we have packed as much entertainment as possible into the 6/7weeks.It so blooming expensive though,so its good they are back to school tommorrow, The weather has been varying of rain and hot sunshine. B)

He has been to the Aquadome a local swim leisure place, Urquhart Castle,Aveimore steam railway,Ullapool,for the tall ships,Lossimouth,Nairn twice,the cinema to see Kungfu Panda and Cars 2 today.He has finally got Super Mario bros for the wii.and been to the local park twice and a church holiday club and the local forest,so hopefully that looks like a action packed summer holiday. :clap: drunk plenty of :pepsi: and had some :bancomp::george::crying::angry::george::bancomp: life has not been boring.

Edited by sesley

The wee lad is back to nursery tomorrow :thumbs: Think he's a bit fed up being at home with mummy so lots of gardening, swimming, walking in the countryside and playing with exciting toys is going to be fun fun fun! :party:

Over the hols we've done some nice forest walks, soft play, trampolining and painting though (and Thomas Tank) and had LOTS of visits from granny and grandad so it's not been all THAT boring (when the rain has stayed off!!) :dance: Plus we've managed to get a haircut and bought a pair of trainers and a pair of shoes that he REALLY enjoyed getting :wacko:

Now.....some mummy time. Yeah right!!

If your children like trains we chartered a train from the Royal Deeside Railway today beside Crathes Castle. We decided to go down the Charter route as it was Ls birthday today and he loves trains. It only costs £75 to charter it for up to 18 people for up to 1-2 hours! It's just a little mile long track so around 15 minute round trip so not as long as Aviemore but if they like trains it's fab. We did one run, stopped and had a birthday tea in the carriage, then another trip with him in the drivers cabin, then a third run for good measure before we went home. It was pretty good value for money I thought! They do their normal services too but I liked the idea of him not having to deal with lots of other people!

Lynne x

If your children like trains we chartered a train from the Royal Deeside Railway today beside Crathes Castle. We decided to go down the Charter route as it was Ls birthday today and he loves trains. It only costs £75 to charter it for up to 18 people for up to 1-2 hours! It's just a little mile long track so around 15 minute round trip so not as long as Aviemore but if they like trains it's fab. We did one run, stopped and had a birthday tea in the carriage, then another trip with him in the drivers cabin, then a third run for good measure before we went home. It was pretty good value for money I thought! They do their normal services too but I liked the idea of him not having to deal with lots of other people!

Lynne x

What a lovely thing to do. Hope L had a great time - what a fabby treat! :party: Crathes is one of my favourite places in the world :thumbs: and one of our days out was there on a scorcher of a day over the summer. We never went over to the other side of the road though but I'll take a drive down soon and check it out. Last time I looked (last year), the volunteers had a little tea shop up and running in a done-up railway carriage with info about the history of the Royal Deeside Railway but I'm not sure how far on they'd got with the track. Sounds like they've been hard at it unless I've got the wrong end of the stick and you're talking about somewhere else entirely... Beats the Alford miniature railway :lol::wacko: Anyway, definite thought for future birthday treat!!

Lynda x

No that's the one! At Milton of Crathes. The track is only about a mile long though they're hoping to get it right to Banchory. It's not very exciting for the adults - it goes about 5 mile an hour on the way out and 20 on the way back and takes about 20 minutes but the bairns love it :D HOpe yours went back to school okay today - we're heading back down to London after 9 days up here. We'll drive to Gretna tonight and stop there then the rest tomorrow!

Edited by Lynden

Don't think nursery could have gone much better :thumbs: Bounced onto the bus, had a great old time at nursery, bounced back off the bus, didn't go down for a nap but still managed to go horse-riding and agreed to do all the stuff he is unhappy doing :thumbs::thumbs: Expecting him to be knackered and probably in a right old mood tomorrow tho :unsure:

Hope your drive was ok? It's not the easiest journey driving all that way :huh:

We're still here! We've lost my ###### car keys! I did hear a certain little person talking about Mummys keys but can't swear to it it was him as he doesn't usually play with them. We've searched high and low in my parents and can't find them - even had to go to the skip to look through bags my Dad just threw out!! So we're stuck till my hubby sends up the spare set from London! I normally wouldn't mind staying longer but he had the dentist and I had a hospital appointment, both of which I've had to cancel lol

Glad nursery went well - sounds good! He probably will be knackered in a day or so though, bless!

Lynne

We're still here! We've lost my ###### car keys! I did hear a certain little person talking about Mummys keys but can't swear to it it was him as he doesn't usually play with them. We've searched high and low in my parents and can't find them - even had to go to the skip to look through bags my Dad just threw out!! So we're stuck till my hubby sends up the spare set from London! I normally wouldn't mind staying longer but he had the dentist and I had a hospital appointment, both of which I've had to cancel lol

Glad nursery went well - sounds good! He probably will be knackered in a day or so though, bless!

Lynne

Oh dear! Poor you!!!!! :wallbash: and it only gets worse the more you stress :blink::wacko: Hope you can get everything rearranged easily. (You've possibly found them now? You always do when you are not looking! I searched high and low for my lad's nursery folder the night before he went back but it has sprouted legs and walked out the door :wallbash: Not quite as important as your keys but seriously annoying nonetheless!!!!! :whistle: )

Take care

Lynda