Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Carers allowance for days son at home

Hi, my son Glen has been in residential care since the middle of May and I still haven't received any money for the times he spends at home. I am ringing them weekly and keep being told that they are still looking into it. I have sent the form in ticking the days that Glen has been at home but am still waiting for my money. I'm getting really fed-up with this as you can imagine. Other than ringing them up, is there anything else I can do? I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me, thanks.

Write to them mentioning the phone calls and ask when you can expect a response. If no response follow their complaints procedure.

It's more difficult to ignore something in writing . If you do have to phone, get the person's name and make a note on what they've said.

K x

The 35 hours a week for carers runs from Sunday to Saturday.

Is Glen at home enough hours each time to qualify ?

If he does qualify, I agree with Kathryn, and you should get the name of anyone you speak to, then follow up the phone call with a letter.

Hi Ladies thanks for your replies. I have just received a payment of £55.55 in my account for the time Glen was at home in July, he qualified as he was here for over 35 hours so you then get £55.55 for that period, however, they have sent a letter but no form for August when Glen was here and no mention of the form in the letter, :( so another call to them?