Sign in to follow this  
Klou

MDA

Hi

After sending off our MDA form I rang to check they arrived and what would be happening. They are having DS's MDA meeting on Thursday. This seems really bizarre as we will not be there just a lot of experts discussing what I wrote about my son's behavour on a collection of forms.

I am really hoping we get appointments to see someone. Anyone just so we know someone is taking our concerns seriously and to give us some proof that it is not just us going mad or being incompetent parents.

So now I am hoping I put enough stuff on the form and gave them a true picture. I would like to think that it will be obvious something is wrong and they will help us but I have read so much on here about experts disagreeing about cases, what to diagnose or whether to diagnose at all.

Just have to keep my fingers crossed.......

MDA??? :huh: Sorry - it's not in the Jargon Buster ...

James

Sorry MDA is Multidisciplinary Assessment. Lots of experts - physiotherapy, speech and language, consultant, health visitor, occupational therapy etc get together and read the ramblings put on a very long questionaire by said child's parents.

Does no one else have this in their area? However I think it is fairly new here. THe experts then decide if they need to see the child and arrange appointments.

Okay - thank you, Klou. :) It's not something I'm familiar with.

James