Sign in to follow this  
Isobel

Cleaning and house organisation

I think I really need help with this, but do such services exist? I think I'm at more of a disadvantage with my disability being so mild in appearance and its not really due to any physical limitations. I let things pile up as my mind can be distracted easily by other things, and I really need someone to either help or remind me daily. Its ok at work as my colleagues remind me (in a nice way) to tidy up. I'm looking into prices of cleaners but it would be nice if I didn't have to pay at least full price for one.

What could be useful is to write up a list of everything that needs doing eg. shopping, washing, ironing, de-frost fridge etc and then write next to each thing whether it needs to be done weekly, monthly, quarterly etc. Then write up a schedule for each month.

For example the fridge/freezer may need defrosting every three months, so put it in the diary for those intervals.

However, I must admit I need to put my advice into practice for myself [as I stare at the huge pile of ironing, and other house chores that need doing].

Sally has given you some good advice. I'm always writing down what needs to be done in the house, I find that way I tend to mostly stick to it then. Hope you get to sort out your cleaning problems.