Sign in to follow this  
amberzak

The problem with family

I'm desperately trying to do my essay for my masters. It's due on Tuesday. I live with my husband and his parents. My husband's brother decided to turn up with his wife and kid. They are so loud, chatting away. But that's not even the worst of it.

At one point my laptop screen stopped working. I got really concerned it might be broken. I got very stressed as my husband tried to fix it. Fearing a melt down coming on, as I am very stressed, I took myself off to my room as I didn't want to do it in front of my nephew, who is only 3 and has down syndrome.

You'd have thought, them having a son who is disabled, they would understand.

But when I had calmed down, I came back down to over hear my husband talking to his brother. His brother was having a moan about me, and my husband was trying to defend me. His brother was saying I was attention seeking. If I were attention seeking, I would have stayed in the room. I knew I couldn't control myself and was embarrassed, that's why I left.

Anyone else have problems with family just not getting it?