Rob Fleming

Running three marathons in three weeks for The National Autistic Society

:balloon: Hi,

My eldest son Patrick has aspergers so this is a rather personal and emotive challenge for me. He's a great kid, full of life and a level of determination that inspires me. At 12 years old I watch him and see just how hard it is to adjust from a child into a young adult. Patrick has a really tough time at school with social challenges and bullying. Sadly the pressure is taking its toll and Patrick was recently diagnosed with depression. As a parent I just love him and want to help as much as I can. I know he'll achieve as his determination for life is just fantastic.

My campaign is help everyone and anyone on the autistic spectrum as much as I can. I've been supporting autism charities for the last few years.

The plan for 2013 is to run 4 marathons including Brighton 14 April followed by London on 21 April and Madrid 28 April. My target for the year is to run more than 2013 miles.

I'm running Brighton, London and Madrid in three weeks from 14 April to raise money for The National Autistic Society. Please visit mu page and donate to support our cause and spread the word as far as you can. :balloon:

I'http://uk.virginmone...g.com/team/NAS5

I'm going to be posting and uploading pictures on a regular basis so you should get the odd laugh or two if you follow my progress.

Thanks for all the support.

Rob & Patrick

Hi Rob

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. It'll be great to hear about your progress - it sounds like quite a challenge! Patrick sounds like a lovely lad and with your support, I'm sure he'll manage to get through this difficult time.

Lynda :)