Sign in to follow this  
AdamF

Corrected version: Dr Olga Bogdashina online to answer your questions on March 27, 2013

www.awares.org/conferences

Put your autism-related questions directly to Dr Olga Bogdashina on March 27, 2013. And register right now at www.awares.org/conferences to read Olga's brilliant new paper on sensory issues.

Olga Bogdashina MA Education (Autism), PhD (Linguistics) has worked extensively in the field of autism, as teacher, lecturer and researcher with particular interests in sensory perception, cognitive functioning, communication and language development in autism. Since 1994, she has been the Director of the first Day Centre for autistic children in Ukraine and the President of the Ukrainian Autism Society. She is Co-founder and Programme Leader and Lecturer at the International Autism Institute, KSPU. She has worked extensively in the field of autism as a teacher, lecturer and researcher. She is a visiting lecturer at universities in Europe, presents at national and international autism conferences and is an Autism Consultant for services for children and adults. Olga has written five books in English (some translated into nine languages), and two in Russian. Olga has an adult son (25) with autism and a daughter (22) with Asperger syndrome.

We are delighted to welcome Olga on March 27 as the latest presenter in the series of monthly online autism conferences here at the Awares Conference Centre, run by Autism Cymru - Wales's pioneering national charity for autism.

Register right now at www.awares.org/conferences and read Olga's paper right now. She herself will be online all day from 9am (UK time) on March 27 to answer your questions.

Best wishes,

Adam Feinstein

Seen Olga a number of times and read many of her books about autism/communication/sensory issues.

I first saw her whilst we were going through the process of having my son diagnosed. At that stage I did not see the "autism" in my son's behaviour, but I definately saw the sensory and processing issues she was talking about.