Sign in to follow this  
007paul007

Bin Eating

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem with there child that we do ?

My son is always eating and he doesn't eat because he his hungry , if he sees food he just has the urge to eat it , I mean we can be walking out side with him somewhere and if he sees a sweet or something like that he will pick it up as a quick as a flash if we are not careful and eat it. We have to watch him all the time when we are out as he is very very quick and seems to have an eagle eye.

The problem we have at home is my son will often into the bin for left over scraps or looking for food in there , we have to put the bin outside during the day and as soon as he goes to sleep we have to bring it in due to pesky cats !

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there were any useful ideas to get around this ?

The only time I have heard of a similar thing is a boy I knew who had Prader willi syndrome. A condition where the body dosn't know when it is full.

Maybe someone else will be along soon who can help.

Viper.

yes me too with the Prader Willi thing, although we used to belong to an as group where a boy would go through ppls bags looking for crisps, sweets etc.

He would just barge you out of the way and take someones food from them.

dont know if he had prader willi though, but he had quite severe autism. :wub:

I have asked about that as that was brought up before and apparently alot of the people who have this syndrome are quite big and have trouble with obesity as well , my son is as thin as a barge , bit like me there in my family we can eat anything and not put it on LOL