Sign in to follow this  
MelowMeldrew

Transition Support

After repeated failures to help my son access further education and are unable to identify appropriative residential support in my area,I yesterday had to notify them they were redundant and we will no longer be requiring their support. As a last resort they sent me an listing of support areas in FE, then said sort it yourself. I accessed the site and it could only identify 6 areas suitable for supporting an autistic 5 were in England and were rejected outright as we won't live in England, and the relative authorities anyway refused to fund outside my area of wales.. The sole college' available was one we had campaigned for for 3 years anyway, they got nasty (Transition team), and said if you want that option then you have to apply for it, and then come back to us if it is suitable, I had actually pre-empted their reply and applied anyway for an assessment which is the process since local support was viewed and deemed by all as a total waste of time. At present they say even if I get a positive assessment I still have to be nice to them or they won't help and demanded we send them financial details of savings. I responded in kind, "When you can provide or even identify viable service provision, THEN we might consider working with you, but as you have been obstructive, apathetic, and clearly failed to identify a local support area, we no longer feel you provide any useful purpose re support for our son..." Has anyone else ever had such obstructive responses from a transition team ? At present we are not speaking or communicating to each other, and I am forced to do it all myself. Ludicrously a college we were asked to view expected our autistic son to share classrooms with 70-80yr old sufferers of dementia ! maybe the best approach is simply to sue them as incompetent ?