Kathryn B

Homeopathy- research

What has been your experience in homeopathy in relation to ASD? In which ways do you believe it could help people on the spectrum? Thanks. :)

I don't believe in homeopathy sorry. A single drop of a solution diluted in 100 times the volume. A single drop of the new solution again diluted down 100 times. This process at least 30 times gives a solution of 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Mathematically it's likely a single drop of the solution wouldn't even have a single molecule if the original liquid in it.

However I am prepared to accept I could be wrong as its not been either proven or conclusively disproven either way.

I don't believe in many of the values of traditional medicine so if homeopathy has something to offer...bring it on!

I do believe the over-prescription of "anti-ADHD-type behaviours" has made the problem worse - just like the over-use of antibiotics

If homeopathy can detox and calm the body and mind-state, and it proves to work, then that's got to be a good thing. Too many doctors' poo-poo alternative medicine as it would do them (and the pharmaceutical companies) out of business

hi~ i imagine that there is as wide a spectrum of reactions to homepathy amongst As people, as in the general NT population. obviously As can make some people more likely to adhere to convention, in others it can make people equally likely to be intersted in things outside the norm.

for me, i tried to treat bad period pain for several years with different homeopathy pills with no result. undeniably, i didnt follow the instructions properly, and contaminated the pills by letting them fall into a dusty make up bag, then scooping the back up (very messy AS behaviour :D ).

about 10 years ago i was referred to the royal homeopathic hospital in london (i think its called the naturapthic hosp or something now); this was before i knew i had AS.

i was first treated for period pain. by this time i really didnt have any expectation of homeopathy either way. every single thing i tried gave me severe reactions. i was also treated there for depression, and the same thing happened~ the drs i saw said i was unusually sensitive to it. its so long ago i cant remember it clearly, but i know thing for depression gave me elated feelings similar to coming up on an E~ nice, but really unhelpful in the middle of the day at work, ha ha. my GP was happy to refer me, and was very open minded about it. ironically, though the hospital is open to anyone from across the uk, and in my borough, my PCT no longer fund treatment there.

in the end, i gave up going, as nothing seemed to work, the appointments were a long time apart, and i found it dificult to communicate and blah blah blah aspergers (impatience, frustration, moodiness etc).

after i was diagnosed with AS, i heard that some people with AS are highly sensitive to medication~ i have extreeeeeemmmmmeee sensory sensitivity, im sensitive to daylight and the differently charged ions, and so far all of the sleeping pills my dr has tried on me have ended up with the most extreme reactions possible (i never read up before hand, so im certainly not thinking myself into things). one low dose pill has given me permanent tinnitus in one ear :/

my inertia to try anything for AS is bourne of pessimism and exhaustion over unfulfilled hope.

things help 5, 10 % and thats it, and i find it exhausting to take anything daily~ the benefits never outweigh the hassle of using them~ and i spend my entire life trying to diminish the hassles i experiance~ which is something which people without As fail to understand.

i dont know what its called, but one of my worst As aspects is over the minuatae of life~ if i want to eat, i dont want the hassle of taking a plat, then a knife, then opening food to prepare a meal (one of the reasons i just eat raw food and sandwiches, as heating things is an extra hass). twisting down a door hadle to open a door is annoying, when i just want to be in another room,without having to walk there- dealing with doors is unbelievable annoying.

even though meds may help a little, they become another burden in that part of my brain. measuring out small drops was way too complex for me.

I am a homeopath just trying to ascertain a consensus for interest in homeopathy for ASD.

Sorry to dealing out hate with my first post, but homeopathy is just sheer quackery. I have frequented skeptics forums on this particular subject.

see the video below of James Randi overdosing on Homeopathic sleeping pills, strangely enough he comes out with no effects

Velocity, I really enjoyed reading your post, thanks. Sounds a lot like me. Do you remember having a feeling when you were a kid that the world isn't as it should be? - And that it would feel more natural to be able to bring things towards you just with your mind instead of having to reach out for things? It's just a feeling, that's all, like everything here is sort of backwards, heavy, and not as easy as things should be. Oh and the energies of things, very sensitive too. Of course, everything is made of energy and I sense these things too. It can be very overstimulating. Not just electrical things and light, but picking up on the "buzz" of people's emotions also....particularly in a crowd. What you said about tinitus made me think..........because i've always linked this with picking up on energies. I get it too, but strangely, I kind of enjoy listening to it! I enjoy tuning out from everything else when I get it and it helps me stay within my own mind which is just the way I like to be.

As for homeopathy, people may think me odd, but my personal belief is that all medications/therapies are placebos anyway, regardless of their nature which is why (I think) different things work for different people. I believe in Psychoneuralimmunology. (The mind being fundamental in determining the state of our health). But I think the subject of homeopathy is very interesting and I would love to know if it is successful in helping people with unwanted behaviours/emotions.

I realise my opinions aren't the general norm......and don't disagree with anyone else's opinions. It's nice that we all have such different experiences of life and therefore all come to such different conclusions. :)