Sign in to follow this  
something_different

shy

Chatting on msn as i do

and i say that i am shy, infact i am very shy

they ask why?

hmmm why do ppl always ask why i am shy? I don't know why i am shy, i just am. yet when ever i say that i am shy they always ask why??

hmmm

Hi SD,

tell them you don't know why, it is just part of your endearing personality and given time and understanding maybe they could be just the person to help you overcome it. Explaine you feel uncomfortable in social situations and people don't give you enough time to come out of yourself before they lose interest in you. You may find someone who wants to be your friend for who you are if they know how you feel.

viper.

Hi something-different

It's easier for some people to chat online because you haven't got the contact if you know what I mean. I can talk on and on, mostly usually about me, me and my kids etc cant help it. I talk fast but get more nervous not saying anything. Im not sure if im partly shy as not sure if I go on because of this. We can type alot to people on messenger, as I have found and it is easier for me as you have not got the crowds etc. I hate crowds especially pubs, big shopping centres but I try to deal with it the best I can, but I do try to avoid alot of things if I can unless im pushed into it.

Your not the only person that struggles we are all here when you need a chat whenever you need one. You be surprised how many people out there feel the same way as you but keep it to themselves.

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

Hello! :)

I am also shy. I am 42.and have Asperger. When I read some of your posts, I instantly recognized a lot of my own personality. :)

I am very withdrawn socially and very cautious as to which social environments I frequent. Mostly I find myself at home.

I don't understand the social 'play', the 'codes', the irony, humour and understatements as well as the underlying nuances used in the language.

In fact, as I am unable to grasp what is going on between people socially, I prefer to withdraw from social interaction. I have rarely tried to participate socially but have almost every time felt like an idiot.

I always walk much alone, and I have very few friends. :(

My main problem is always what to say, as I can't imagine the impact of the words I eventually would express.

I am happy to use msn:

andreas.wiggen@c2i.net :)

Andreas