Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

losing items

ooh im so frustrated. I have to buy my son a new coat to start the new term. not unusual you might think, but hes lost two winter coats at school so far, hes only been there a year.

the first one he lost in the fortnight he started year 7, he found it three months later - then lost it again the next week. the other one has been lost for months. He has also lost a full pe kit and bag, three hats, a jumper and a pair of jogging bottoms.

I have rung the school numerous times, visited to tell them about the problem but to no avail. they send him to look for them on his own - durr!!!.

he puts his head round the door cant see them and goes out again. Or they show him a pile of blue coats in lost property and he cant remember what his cotat looks like!

give me strength, were not bottomless pits in the money department, wonder if theyd give us a grant for a new coat - doubt it! :wallbash:

SNAP....

I have alot of this at my kids school ...now though I go in and look through the lost property every week to make sure there stuff is not in there.....

Now I started to buy stuff on ebay...soif it goes missing it does not cost that much....

What amaze looking through the lost property is how much stuff has no name on it.....

Just wanted to empathize my son loses everything and anything - school always put the emphasis on him to look after his stuff and to find it when he loses it - this just means he gets very upset and frustrated and I have to keep forking out for new coats, PE kits, pencil cases etc! :wallbash: My son knows I don't have much money at the moment so that upsets him too so that I have to pretend it's all ok and I don't mind paying for more replacement stuff to ease his distress.

Today son lost a fiver his grandad gave him between our house and town, he needed this to buy longed for new CD I felt really naffed off but I knew he felt worse and I bought the CD for him anyway.

My sons last teacher eventually realised how frequantly my son loses PE kits and let him keep his in her storeroom B) Must remember to ask next terms teacher to do the same.

Hang in there - luv witsend.

aww ty witzend - aww i feel for your son losing his money like that. :tearful:

i just bought a coat from e bay its still got the tags on it and only cost �8 with p and p, i wont mind so much if he inevitably loses that one.

His senco said he could keep his coat in her room but it is on the top floor, which means he has to run up two flights of stairs to put his coat there and then get to his lesson which is accross the playground!!!!!!!!!!!

gawd help us! >:D<<'>

Edited by elaine1