Sign in to follow this  
lsw146

trying a new supplement

hi All,

just wanted to share.

B has been taking Probrain for about 3 weeks and we have noticed a dramatic difference in her behaviour and attitude.

We used to give Effalex but it stopped working and didn't have the same impact as this (she also hated taking so many and this is one a day)

It doesn't actually have a child dose on the box but I have compared it to other fish oil combinations.

I think it may be the combination on fish oil and Ginkgo Biloba that's helping.

Of course the counsellor says she is just growing up - yeh 3 weeks makes all the difference :lol:

Whether it is palcebo effect or medicinal effect B says she feels different and other family members who didn't know she was taking it have commented on how calm B seems and how the usual triggers aren't leading to meltdown.

Especially considering she starts seniors on Tuesday her whole body looks calmer and she isn't doing her 'loud talking' voice. She is singing alot but that's a bonus :thumbs:

I got them in Boots.

Has anyone else tried this?

Am I going mad believing in this tablet?

Edited by lsw146

Hi LSW -

Well Gingko Biloba is a new one on me (Sounds like the villain in a martial arts movie!), but nothing new about Omega Oils and the kind of changes you're reporting... Given all the 'hype' surrounding Eye Q ('unique blend/balance' etc), the prices they charge and that recent thing about increased stimming I'm always interested to hear of alternatives, so keep us posted...

Even if it is just a placebo effect, make the most of it and hope it keeps on 'working' ;)

L&P

BD

I haven't tried it, I used the Haliborange fish oils with vitamins due to my sons pathetic diet, I'll keep and eye open for these, might trial for a bit and see if they make any difference, just have to give him a seperate vitamin supplement. I have just searched for them on boots website and couldn't find them. Roughly how much are they ? I know I opted for the Haliborange after using Eye Q for a while due to the price.

Edited by lil_me

Hi

they are �9.99 for 30 , one a day and a re on 3 for 2 at boots like all their supplements.

Here is the content

Omega-3 300mg of which EPA 160mg DHA 100mg

Vitamin E 4mg

Ginkgo bIloba 2.4mg

They are veggie capsules but do have Dairy/lactose