Sign in to follow this  
meemo38

Finally

School saw a different side to my stepson this week, i have been having some ops for the TV program i am going to be on, and whilst at school stepson decided to tell his friend to tell my daughter that there was something wrong with me and he was going to meet a man at the school gates who he didnt know.

So she was scared and rang me from her mobile, then told her older sister who also rang me, i reassured them i was ok and for the oldest not to get involved as i spoke to stepson and told him we would discuss what he had done later when he got home with his dad.

The next thing i do is get a call from one of the teachers saying she had my oldest and Chris, he was hysterical as she had told him off, and he was petrified of coming home incase he got a telling off and punishment from his dad, by which time the teacher had started asking why he was terrified and if dad had hit him, he obviously replied NO and that he would be banned from the games (xbox ps2 ect).

So when i told his dad he fluipped rang school asking why they had been asking if he was hitting his child, i reassured him that this was natural given the apparent state of chris and what he was saying.

the teacher rang back but hubby was out, she explained that she didnt think this was the case and she actuallly saw a similarity to an autistic boy she has in her class, she said as soon as i said aspergers it all clicked, then another teacher came along and said there had never been any evidence of this in him, by which time she told her straight that she had infact seen it, and so had the senco teacher that she sent Chris to, this is the said teacher who filled out our DLA form saying there was nothing wrong with him.

Anyhow we are quite glad that he had his outburst ins school and they saw what we see, the fact that the teacher asked kloads of questions and explained, but chris still went back to the beginning asking questions and saying the old 'but what if', and other stuff, although we dont want things happening at school we are glad they have now seen a different chris, one were he had no thought to telling his sister that her mum was ill and worrying her, then he realsied what he had done, and was only concerned with the fact that he would be banned off his games for doing so ect ect.

We have DLA appeal on the 30th, so hoping that all goes ok for us, we need some help from somewere, its about time, after 6 years of fighting the system!!!!

Michelle

Michelle,

It's good that the teacher recognised the ASD and was so understanding and although it's distressing at the time it's always useful for people other than parents to witness at first hand the "difficult" behaviour.

Good luck with the appeal - I hope you get it. :pray:

K