Sign in to follow this  
supersec

Christmas and why we are staying with friends

My dad thinks JJ will grow out of his ASD and my in-laws just can't handle it. We have decided to spend Christmas with friends this year rather than family.

Hubby does not get on well with his sister :( and when you get all my lot together you are talking roughly 25 people and JJ finds it too loud, noisy, OTT and to be honest he has not got a clue about christmas/birthdays celebrations in general :wacko: .

OUr friends we are spending xmas with are good friends who have known JJ since he was born and are totally accepting of his condition and do not worry about anything (even when JJ threw upon their brand new carpet!! :lol: )

anyone else doing christmas differently because of their children?

Caroline

Yep, staying at home on our own, probably! Last year the inlaws said there wasn't room for us to join the usual family get-together (our fault for spawning too many children - three - oh, just like them) but to be honest I'd rather not go anyway. I'd prefer to get together with friends and their kids, but everyone else seems 'booked'. Oh well!