Sign in to follow this  
Believer

Hello to all!

:D

Hello. I'm new to this website. I first visited paains.org.uk, and the administrator on that forum directed me here.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have an 8-year-old son, Matthew, who was diagnosed with Aspergers in March of this year. At the beginning of his summer vacation from school, we went to see a naturopathic physician here in Washington, and she put him on NDF+, fish oil and Pleo Sancom to start. At the end of the summer, I took him back in, and we upped the NDF+ from 5 drops once daily to twice daily and added Pleo Not for a month and then back to Pleo Sancom after that. She also added Milk Thistle for his liver for a month. He's doing so great right now. It's amazing the progress that he's made. I also just started him on Juice Plus gummies (a whole-food supplement) because he's a terrible eater. :tearful:

Most of his "problems" were behavioral, and most of that was at school. He's very impulsive and in his own little world, but he's made tremendous improvement. He's not in trouble every day anymore! :clap:

Just wanted to offer some encouragement to anybody on this forum who is feeling a little overwhelmed. I really believe these kids can be "cured"! Keep hopeful!

Hello & welcome to the forum, I don't personally believe ASD is curable myself, I do believe children who just suffer from sensitivity with particular foods can be. I'm pleased to hear you've had some improvement with your son.

I know the "cure" topic is a sensitive issue. :oops: But I have seen such great progress in Matthew that there's something to be said about chelation. Every person is an individual; and of course, we will all respond differently to different things. Needless to say, every parent has to do what they feel is best for their child. I just really wanted to voice my experience so that others may use that information in whatever way they see fit. I believe it's sort of an obligation on my part to share that.

I'm not saying at all that these kids need to be "cured." My son is wonderful. He makes me laugh every day. He's the sweetest, most kind-hearted person I know. And of course, I wouldn't change that for the world. :wub: But he could definitely benefit from his problems with his behavior, impulsivity, et cetera. :wallbash: He's a much happier kid now, and that's all I need to know I'm doing the right thing for him. >:D<<'>

Keep smiling! :D

Hi and welcome.Im glad you are happy with your decision to try methods you feel may help your son.I dont want to cure my daughter i dont belive she needs to be cured i do belive she needs to be understood.She has aspergers and is ten yrs old,shes the most wonderfull little girl with some qualitys many nt people could do well to learn.The sad thing is because she has a DX people want to cure her because the many Nt people who are rude,badly behaved and find it ok to tease SEN kids dont have a dx we just say well its kids :shame: or they didnt mean to be nasty .Thanks but i will keep my daughter as she is.

Im not saying its wrong to go down the lets find a cure route just that its not for me.

I've had lots of problems with other kids being nasty to Matthew, too. And somehow Matthew always gets the raw end of the deal -- he's always (in somebody else's eyes) to blame for whatever the incident may be. It's very frustrating. I understand completely what you're saying.

Glad all is well with you and your daughter. More power to you! :thumbs:

Hi Believer,

Welcome to the forum :D My son is nearly 3 and has ASD and severe developmental delay (along with epilepsy and a few other dx to come I think! :fight: )

Mentioning the word "cure" can stir up a lot of heated debate! I don't believe my son can be cured either and I don't want to change him. However, I do want to do whatever I can to make his life easier and healthier (for example gf/cf diet) so good on you for doing what you think is best!!

Denise