Sign in to follow this  
meemo38

Is this about right

I did get �170 a week child tax credits (5 kids, step family and hubby works part time), we have now been awarded DLA middle rate, no mobility, and also carers allowance, they are now paying me �163, does this seem about right as i know the CA is taxable, but also know you get a premium for DLA, not sure how much though, we still have to wait to hear from housing benefit as we did get about �30 a week with that, but its not been sorted yet.

Michelle

Your child tax credit should go up and not down once you are awarded DLA.

The Child Tax credit letter should tell you if it has been taken into account, it will be listed as 'Number of children wih a disability' on one of the inside pages. They will not know about the DLA unless you tell them, so it might be a good idea to give them a ring.

Simon

Thanks for that simon, i just checked my form, and rang them, somehow, dont know why but they had put it down as me getting the DLA, not my son, so he is going to get it sorted and send out a new award letter.

Thought it seemed strange.

Thanks again

Michelle

Our tax credits went up due to the DLA and then went down again due to getting Carers Allowance. Carer's allowance is taxable and is classed as an income and that is probably why your tax credits went down, but it's worth a check to make sure.

Denise 2 :)