Sign in to follow this  
loulou

IMPORTANT INFO FOR PEOPLE IN HERTS

Hi,

Just had a call from my neighbour saying many schools in our area will be closed tomorrow, following the explosion in Hemel Hempstead.

All schools within a 10 mile radius are closed (even though some were open today).

You can check if your child's school is affected here:

www.hertsdirect.org

Loulou x

My son is delighted, but I'm not. :wacko: I am working tomorrow and have had to do some nifty reorganising. At this rate they may not bother to reopen the schools at all this term.

We are within the radius but the air is OK here as far as I can tell. (Not sure how pure it is at the best of times, living near the M25 and M1 :wacko: ) The cloud seems to be drifting away towards the south and west: - next stop Bucks and Berks I believe.

Yep - my best friend (and driving instructor) who lives in Northwood has been affected by this too (and hasn't been best pleased with having to cancel lessons to stay home and look after the kids!).

At least most schools are finally going back tomorrow though - only those immediately surrounding the fire remain closed.

Kathryn:

My son is delighted, but I'm not.  :wacko: I am working tomorrow and have had to do some nifty reorganising. At this rate they may not bother to reopen the schools at all this term.

I had the same thoughts you did actually, about them not bothering to go back at all this week now, it being the end of term. But it would seem we were wrong!! :rolleyes: Oh, and the air was fine when I was there yesterday (Monday) too. A very weak smoky smell when I arrived in Watford on the train, but that was all.

James