Sign in to follow this  
sue1957

light sensitivity and fluoride

I'm interested in the topics about light sensitivity, but in our case it wasn't migraines etc, but connected more with fear and phobias.

My son was very light sensitive when he was younger. He insisted on wearing "the hat" every time he went outside. It was a blue peaked cap, and there was real problems if we couldn't find it. Even with it, he hated being outside for long. In his case it turned out to be fluoride in toothpaste causing the light sensitivity. (We don't have artificially fluoridated water).

Within a few days of removing fluoride, his light sensitivity dropped, and he started choosing to go outside, without the hat. Without the sensitivity, he didn't need the hat ritual. He was just too young to understand or verbalise what he was feeling, so probably developed the hat ritual to make going outside into light more comfortable. The light sensitivity crept up very very slowly, from when we introduced brushing his emerging teeth.

Does anyone else have experience of or suspect a problem with fluoride and light sensitivity?

Fluoride was also responsible for my son's food phobia. I can't be sure but I think this was because he somehow sensed :unsure: that he was being poisoned through his mouth, but didn't know what, so developed the phobia and rituals about food in an effort to try to protect himself. When he was no longer being poisoned brushing his teeth, the food phobia also disappeared.

I think this was because he somehow sensed unsure.gif that he was being poisoned through his mouth

Well it is a poison, even in it's recommended "safe" doses of 1:0 ppm. There's even links that this safe dose can cause health problems.

Sorry, but I haven't experienced (at least not that I know of) any problems with fluoride, but I think it's use should be limited at most to toothpaste and mouthwash (you don't generally consume these products). Though I have wondered about the links with fluoride and ASD.

So how did you remove fluoride from his diet? I know it's in most toothpastes and mouthwashes and to a certain extent in our water supply. Apparently it's even in our food as it's a pesticide and in our air to some extent. Is it in our water supply (artificially added) yet? I know people want it in there but I've never found a definate answer to this question.

I found an article that may be of interest to people wanting to remove fluoride from their water supply. It says that you can buy a water filtration system (reverse osmosis seems to be the only one that works) and deduct the cost of it from your water bill so it's the water company that pays for the system. They'll nag you a few times and then eventually go to the Department of Health you will pay the bill.

It sounds to good to be true. I was actually thinking they should do this myself. It's great as it means we can have fluoride removed from our water and not pay huge amounts of money for it. Plus it calms the conspiracy theories that they're doing this to try to dumb us down. What a relief! :thumbs:

http://www.npwa.org.uk/index.php?option=co...9&Itemid=54