Sign in to follow this  
Linz

Yuk Christmas....

This is the first year that my son who is 7 seems to be excited by Christmas - this has resulted in our usual nice, calm school holidays (he's much less stressed when he isn't at school), being a complete nightmare - he has bitten his sister, kicked me in the face, lost his temper over a piece of cheese (yes cheese), gone completely mad as I accidently left the outside christmas lights on during the day, refused to eat his lunch today because it was tea not lunch!! - I can only think all this behaviour is a result of the build up to christmas - we got an advent calendar this year (big mistake I think), and now he knows exactly how many days until the big day - I can almost see the tension building in the poor little chap, anyway - just really wanted to sound off and maybe make things seem a little better.

:crying::crying::crying::(:(:(

Hi Linz,

It feels better to get it off your chest >:D<<'>

I know it's not funny, but i had to laugh as Kai (7) is exactly the same about lunch/dinner. He gets in a complete state if the meals are not in the right order. Bless them.

This is also the first year he has shown any interest in Christmas too. He's been quite stressed out and seems totally exhausted every day even though he's sleeping well.

I know it sounds mean, but i'm dreading Christmas day. Last year it was all too much for him and he ended up breaking some of his new stuff :( .

I'm thinking of staggering presents, ie one a day starting tomorrow.

Good luck,

Loulou x