Sign in to follow this  
Tez

Daily Politics Show BBC2

Just watched an article on the BBC2 Daily Politics School about a boy with Asperger's and how much better he is doing now he's in a Special School where the environment is right for him. Unfortunately, I only caught the last few minutes so don't know what the full report was like. Later this week they are going to be looking at the policy of inclusion and what it means for children with Aspergers. Did anyone else see this?

Nope, but inclusion worked perfectly fine for me, for what it's worth. Okay - so I hadn't been diagnosed with Asperger's when I was a school kid, but I think I was better off where I was than I would've been in a special school.

James

Edited by Gordie

Nope, but inclusion worked perfectly fine for me, for what it's worth. Okay - so I hadn't been diagnosed with Asperger's when I was a school kid, but I think I was better off where I was than I would've been in a special school.

Many special schools of the 1980s and 90s for kids with EBD were totally unsuitable places for kids with AS and probably worse than most mainstream schools which catered badly for kids with AS anyway.