Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

BRITISH GAS ENERGY TRUST

i dont know if you know about this

but since that other post about that winter fuel rebate[which i got thanks to who started thread]

i got a pack of british gas with leaflets in and this was one of them-that i never knew about

it says its british gas energy trust-to be able to apply must be customer of british gas or scottish gas,

trust can help people through giving grants to-

;reduce or clear gas or electric debt or help with other essential household bills or costs,

how grant is paied-grants to cover electric/gas arrears are paid direct to the company on your behalf

grants are not loans and do not have to be paied back

applications must be on standard form-[guess u could ring up ask for form]

proof of income/relevent bills /evidence of any speccial circumstances such as DISABILITY ect... must be sent with application form

ive just sent of for application form[as just moved and do owe money to powergen] just to see what they can do.

it says

forms available by writing to

british gas energy trust

po box 42 peterborough pe3 8xh

or ring 01733 421060

www.britishgasenergytrust.org.uk

bget@charisgrants.com

if anyone interested :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, I will look into this, when she was in hospital last year her bill went sky high, partner forgot to pay it and was short on cash as benefits reduce etc, and she's paying the debt off via meter, will give them a call for her tomorrow, thanks :)