Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

I didn't even know it was happening, Hailey! :huh: I'll probably watch a bit if it's on TV though. I'd love to come over and sample some of your wonderful sunshine - if only!

Guest hallyscomet

Well, its actually going to be held in Melbourne Victoria, but I won't hold that against them :lol::lol: a bit on interstate rivalry here :lol::lol::lol: Sydneys much much better I am biased of course. :devil:

Melbourne are having those horrible temperatures we were having at Christmas around 43 degrees and predicting a lot more of them over the next fews weeks.

I must say I had to laugh I was watching the sport on the news yesterday and they had the Sydney teams going through the motions of acclimatising to come over to the UK for the World Cup - here they had this huge fridge they were filling with ice and sitting in and they were pouring bags and bags of ice over their heads this was there way of acclimatising :lol::lol::lol: It hit home as to how cold it is over their for you wwhhhoooo

Sitting around the fire would be the place for me. :P sipping a nice red wine. bblllrrr sounds so cold over there.

Regards

Hailey

Are you watching the Aussie Open tennis, Hailey? We don't get that much on terrestrial tv but they usually show the finals. I sometimes get up in the wee small hours to watch. Depends who's playing.

K x

Guest hallyscomet

Yes, the tennis has been fantastic, and the cricket, like this website, they are addictive and I blame these totally for my lull in the ironing department. I love ironing, maybe I will do it watching the tennis :lol::lol: I am four hours behind thanks to this lovely website :lol::lol:

Hailey

Yes, the tennis has been fantastic, and the cricket, like this website, they are addictive and I blame these totally for my lull in the ironing department. I love ironing, maybe I will do it watching the tennis :lol::lol: I am four hours behind thanks to this lovely website :lol::lol:

Hailey

Great minds think alike - see my post in your ironing thread (posted before seeing this). :lol::lol:

Hi Hailey,

We are coming to Oz in March. Perth first for a week then onto Brisbane for another week then Newcastle and Sydney for the last week. I can't wait!! Although i think the Games will be finished by the time we get there (29th).

Will the weather still be warm for us?

We are planning to do all the touristy things, visit australia Zoo, (i love Steve Irwin!!) do the Bridge walk in Sydney, Botanical Gardens and so much more. Which reminds me.......i need to get the holiday gear out, dust it down, wash it and ......dun dun dun iron it................AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :crying: I hate ironing!