Sign in to follow this  
on the edge

GFCF & aspartame free paracetamol

Hi,

Does anyone know of any liquid forms of paracetamol that are not flavoured or contain sweetener? My 3 year old son is on a GFCF diet and amongst other things seems to react to orange and strawberry flavourings.

Actually you need to avoid paracetamol too.

Given that the Sulphur Transferase system is, in any case, operating at greatly reduced efficiency, anything which utilises the system would be likely to amplify the effects of the deficiency. Foods or drugs rich in phenolic components, have often been reported by parents as having a deleterious effect on their children. Thus drugs such as paracetamol (acetaminophen), foods such as chocolate or drinks derived from apples or citrus fruits will, indirectly, result in a leakier gut and an increase of symptoms.

http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/autism/pshdur96.htm

We use ibuprofen in a liquid form which, although it has orange flavouring, seems acceptable on the very rare occassions he needs it. I can PM the brand.

Thank you. I didnt see that before!!! Luckily haven't had to give him anything up until now. We have been on the diet for 3 months and are still finding our way and finding out more and more as we go along. Would be great of you could PM brand- I am assuming it is the well known N brand?