Sign in to follow this  
nicki41971

portage

Hi hunnies, sos its me again, :D

just thought i'd tell you that a portage lady came to see us today, its the second time shes been as the first time the wrong forms had been filled, she told me that she would personnally be taking us on starting in a months time i'm pleased as it means her face is familiar & she seems real nice to. :D Anyway she said she will give us targets etc & thinks Mack will defiantly benefit from learning makaton she then showed us our first sign which was for 'more' so i tried it out on Mack later in the day as he wanted some of my drink i showed him by holding his hands first then by doing it myself & rewarding him by giving him a bit of my drink, well he came back for more & this time i just showed him & he copied me, i did this twice more & then he came back to me & did it all on his own without any promting from me, :lol: i was soooo chuffed i really didn't think he would be able to do it when she first showed me, he seems full of surprises this little lad. :dance::dance::thumbs: So all in all i'm having a nice day. :)

my son does some signing too, I think any communication of any form must be well worth trying.

Well done to the little chap

Have you seen the 'something special' childrens bbc programme. I is all done supported by makaton signing, well worth a look to help you and your son learn some signs as you go further down the track