Sign in to follow this  
EstefanEater

Bad Dreams

lately i,ve been having really bad dreams

and i fell down a colourful slide and landed in a whole and through some doors was a jim and i heard invisible people calling me

and then i jumped out of my room Shouting LAURA BRANIGAN and then i woke up

so what do u think of bad dreams

Hi

I know that some people analyse dreams and 'tell' a lot about them. I'm afraid I don't buy all of that. I know that the dreams I've had often make no sense whatsoever, but there are bits that I recognise eg something I've seen on TV, something that's been playing on my mind, etc. I've had some horrendous dream that have scared the hell out of me, but I think it's dangerous to analyse something that's very much like a jigsaw, especially something that's often only barely recollected during sleep. I prefer to stick with reality. Having said all that, a good kickstart to any day is waking up with a smile on my face after dreaming I spent the night with some seriously loaded, gorgeous adonis!

Caroline.

Edited by cmuir

Guest hallyscomet

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> curra and cmuir well said.

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

Hi EstefanEater

I think that dreams are a normal result of brain activity while the brain is resting and "disconnected" from its sensory functions. The brain really doesn't sleep but makes images of what it has stored during the day and brings out associated images stored before. Bad dreams are then a normal way of getting rid of thoughts and emotions that have been disturbing and although they can be sometimes frightening, they are like a healthy vent for worries and anxiety. Dream analysis is to try to figure out what the images of a dream mean to a person and then get its hidden meaning. More often than not, the images in dreams have no special meaning at all.Everybody dreams every night, but most people forget them the moment they wake up. Some dreams seem to have an impact and we wonder why on earth we dreamt such and such a thing, but I agree with Cmuir, that it's better to stick to reality because most dreams, even if they amaze us, are not very significant. I think that it was the German writer Goethe who said "Dreams are foam", because they look like a lot but after a while they are insignificant.

Psychologists who have studied dreams say that there are some symbols in dreams that are common to most people and have more or less the same meaning for most people. However they also usually stress that it's not reliable to analyse a dream only with a glossary of symbols because the real meaning of a dream is given by the associations each person makes.

And that's about all I know about dreams I hope it helps you a bit.

>:D<<'>

Curra