2 replies to this topic

#1 Alli

Alli

Scafell Pike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:40 PM

My son has been diagnosed as having A.S. I took him privately to a psychiatrist and he referred him for these tests. The local hospital had a fit when they saw the tests. First of all they said they couldn't read his writing, then they said they didn't know what some of them are. I now have them typed and am going to go back with them. I would love to know what these tests are before I talk to the hospital again.
They are as follows:
Full metabolic screen
Fragile X test in which you use tubes EDTA and lithium heparin.
Urine test for organic acids.

I am wondering whether the psy is just calling tests by a different name than what a gp would.
I was going to get back on to him and ask for a exp. but I have already tackled him for giving me referrals to services that don't exist.

Alli

#2 Elouise

Elouise

Snowdon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

Sam had this block of tests done by his consultant community peadiatrician and a couple of others by the consultant psychiatrist.

Because fragile X is a genetic and because I had a block of very weird children from a very weird family that needed to be ruled out as a possibility so both boys where tested to be 100% sure when Sam was 2 Nathan was 9.
They also decied to rule out a few other very rare odd disorders that present behaviour similar to ASD but might be progressive.

It was the good old family ASD though they did find a very high level of IgE in Sams blood that is typical for children who are very atopic to certain protiens.

If your unsure what a test is for or need to ask again later do so.
If you cannot get a response by phoning try writing as a phone call may be ignored but a letter is less likely to be ignored.

#3 Alli

Alli

Scafell Pike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

Thank you so much. I am going to go and see them but it is really helpful to have some idea
thumbup.gif
Alli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users