#1 KarenAnn

KarenAnn

Norfolk Broads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Hi everyone

My 35 year old step daughter has just been diagnosed as ASD which has come as no surprise to those of us who know her well and has come as a relief to her as she now knows what she calls "the truth" about herself.

Her idea of support is to type something into a website and she had a meltdown when we suggested and tried to explain the amount of support she was missing by refusing to use any form of social networking/forums which she seems to think are the devil incarnate.

For me being on here is to know that we are not alone.

Karen

#2 Mr Salvador

Mr Salvador

Snowdon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Fixing machinery like petrol 2strokes, electronic and white goods and computers. Sci-fi like alien, star trek, star wars, stargate.. Any others stars I missed? RTS games Like CC and total war series. Conversation about theoretical physics, space time and relativity. Languages. Learning new things and cooking (which often involves some or all of the above). I like talking even tho I don't like meeting people, if the subject matter is in my skillset I can talk else nay. Also like like logic puzzles and solving problems

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

Hi...im listening. ..we're all colourful people here...

However I do not see a question of topic of comversation for us to pick up on??

You arenot alone. ..im late diagnosed, 36

I have meltdowns all the time

Its just bcos of not understanding the world around me, sensory overloads and the generalised anxiety thing which never goes just gets somewhat better

If you'd like any more reassurance feel free to PM me

#3 trekster

trekster

Mt McKinley

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts
  • Interests:stamp collecting, cross stitching, playmobil, star trek, liverpool fc, computers

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Welcome to the foruns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users