Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Quick question...

Hi :D

Do i have to name a school within the 15 days time limit if i'm requesting a meeting?

Some of the bits i have in front of me say yes......some say no........ :huh::wacko:

>:D<<'>

Hi :D

Do i have to name a school within the 15 days time limit if i'm requesting a meeting?

Some of the bits i have in front of me say yes......some say no........ :huh::wacko:

>:D<<'>

No - not necessarily - although you may as well. The LEA won't put the school in until they issue the final statement - if there is general agreement about the school then it's not a problem. If you want one school and the LEA are suggesting another then you need to make your preference known to them so that it can then be discussed.

Here's the CoP

Part 4: Placement

8:42 In the final statement, Part 4 will set out the type of school and any particular school which the LEA consider appropriate for the child, or the LEA?s arrangements for the provision for education otherwise than at school which the LEA consider appropriate. But this Part must be left blank when the proposed statement is issued, so that the LEA do not pre-empt consideration of any preference for a maintained school which the parents may state, or any representation the parents may make in favour of a non-maintained special or independent school.

:oops:

Can one of you clever bods put this thread in Education for me....... i've not had nearly enough caffine today :lol:

The clever bods aren't here so I did it instead. ;)

K x

I think IPSEA has a standard letter on the website.The letter includes a section where you can name the school.However you don't have to at that stage-one of the things we talked about at the meeting was the options for schools.In our case the school named partly depended on the amount of support negotiated.Karen