Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

EDM MSBP/Child protection

could i please ask that members plz plz ....copy and paste the below and send it to their local mps, this could make so much difference to so many childrens and families lives that have been affected by unlawful

accusations very much like my own......please spread to other forums , family, friends etc.

many many thanks,

hugs,

paula

It is very important that you do this EDM's are powerful political tools and you can make a difference.

Dear MP

First Issue:

Can I ask you please to sign EDM 2688 which relates to Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy now known as Fabricated and Induced Illness in Children. The Current DfES guidelines operate like a witch hunt whereby parents are required to prove their innocence against allegations that they have hurt their children. There have been a large number of miscarriages of justice in this area with cases like that of Sally Clark and Angela Cannings obtaining a lot of publicity. There have, however, been many other cases with less public profile.

Whilst the guidelines continue to require people to prove their innocence there will be continuing injustices. Can I ask you, therefore, to sign the EDM to show your support for the principle that people should be innocent until proven guilty.

Second Issue:

Can I ask you (also) to sign EDM 2679 about the child protection system. There are a number of difficulties that lie in the area of Child Protection Services. One of these will be resolved by openness in the Family Courts system which will open the process up to scrutiny and was covered by EDM 869 about the Family Courts. A second area lies in the conflict of interest between support and enforcement. This causes considerable difficulties. For example there are cases where women approach Social Services for support in dealing with Domestic Violence from their partner and Social Services start the process of trying to take the children into care. This discourages women from reporting Domestic Violence. EDM 2679 suggests the separation of enforcement and support to remove this conflict and allow people to ask for help without the threat of having their children taken off them.

Third issue

Can I ask you (also) to sign EDM 2678 about the secret files kept by Professor David Southall. This issue links medical ethics and child protection procedures. There will be a need for a formal inquiry into the history of the issues here as Professor Southall was one of the key proponents of the MSbP thesis. It is, however, important that people are provided with the information that is stored about them. Many people about whom information is stored are unaware of this hence there is a need for the University Hospital of North Staffordshire to tell them that this information exists.

MSbP FII

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails....amp;SESSION=875

Separation of enforcement from support

Secret Medical Files

if i may i would just like to emphasise the affect an accusation such as msbp / or fabricating can have on a family.....

my son was diagnosed with asthma when he was just 1yr old he was taken into hospital and was on oxygen for best part of a week.....

when we moved house and changed doctors i had a few spare inhalers knocking around so wasnt too bothered about asking for a repeat prescription until just recently.....

i had gone to see the nurse at the doctors surgery about my sons diet and a referal to a dietician, whilst their i asked for inhalers, dont get me wrong hes almost 11 now and only seems to need them if hes been exercising

or has been particularly upset, never the less they are necessary.

the nurse said so he has asthma i said well yes he was diagnosed at 1yr old ......she said are you sure ??? once a child is diagnosed with asthma its for life. i said i know, looking at her puzzled .

so she wrote on the computer SUSPECTED ASTHMA SAYS MUM........

I dont have inhalers, she didnt give me a prescription but said its on record now in case con ever needs treatment.

Excuse me, but if i hadnt been labeled my son would have inhalers in his hand right now.

the worst of it is though that the msbp/FII label will never ever be taken off my records, no-one has the power

no-one , not even a solicitor, i have it for life.

so everytime i go to the doctors with my child, everytime i go about any of my ailments i will be doubted and questioned like im some kind of nutcase.

on the 23rd i have the social worker and a school nurse coming to my home, part of the reason is that they want to ask connah if in fact he HAS been suffering tummyaches, headaches, feeling sick, as for the past year i have been telling the doc and requesting a referal as he has had it all of his life and it is no better, he suffers every day with the runs and constipation etc to boot but no-one believes the nutter of a mother you see......MY SON IS SUFFERING AND I CARE ENOUGH TO WANT IT SORTING OUT YET IT MUST BE APPROVED BY OTHERS BEFORE ANYTHING CAN BE REQUESTED.......

HUGS,

PAULA

oh no thats awful! will c and p it and send it on. you know its so much cheaper for the nhs to blame a parent than it is to actually help a child in need........it really gets my blood boiling!!! hang on in there chic!