Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

dla

hi, i had a long fight to get my daughter dla (18months) and had to face two oral hearings.There are usually 3 people on the panel plus someone listening in (cant remember their title). You can request a welfare rights officer from social work dept to represent you.They are pretty nerve racking but you have to think this is their chance to query things and your chance to make sure they understand how difficult things are. Try and get as much evidence as possible submitted.My daughter didnt have her aspergers diagnosed at the time but did attend hospital regarding her bowels.I got high rate care but no mobility component but this time round i am going to fight for mobility as she has her diagnosis and her pain in her legs is starting to be recognised as real.I got my sister to write a letter and the worker from the aftercare to write areport as well as repeating myself constantly about the things we both find difficult.Try and get the welfare rights handbook it expains a lot. Good luck, Nicola

i had one for my son back in feb.took a year of fighting even with a dx.three people were on the panel. a lawyer,a doctor and a chap to do with disabled people.i also had a represtive from the austic trust.too about half hour to an hour.they gave my son middle rate and low mob and even said sorry for putting me through it.it was a very difficult time.