Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

i really need to say....

i went to court today and it was about assessments and wether they would be indepent psychological assessments or not or what.....

anyway a lot was said apparently im now undergoing a parenting assessment by the lying social worker ive had from the beginning and one of her collegues.

apart from that i havent a clue who they decided was doing my psychological assessment and wether bringing in yet another expert to assess con......now i know this sounds daft but everyone was talking to fast it wouldnt go in and stay in....its just a mish mosh of words. im sat here wonderin what the heck was said.

i must sound quite pathetic but when someone talks fast i cant keep up. is everyone like this or am i going crackers, am i ment to say to everyone please will you talk slower , theyd think im thick or something.

coooorrrrr i dont know, all i know is that if i cant follow them then im at a disadvantage.

im not stupid i have a reasonable IQ 127 i just easily get confused i guess....

hugs,

paula :huh:

>:D<<'> I was wondering how you was getting on paula.

Maybe if you sleep on it, you might have a clearer head tomorrow. I know i went to a meeting this morning, and it wasnt until t time that i remembered that they said they were going to test for adhd.

take care >:D<<'>

shaz

I forget what people have told me quite often!!! When I was pregnant I was very forgetful so every meeting that I went to I explained that it was hard to remember all of the important facts and I would just keep a few notes as the meeting progressed! The other option is to put a small dictaphone in your pocket! Great for catching them out when they say something stupid!!! Have you thought about keeping a diary of events after every meeting and home asessment/visit. Its time consumming but at least when they refer to things that may have gone on you can also refer to it and give your take on the event. After all visits the so called professionals go away and keep a log of conversations/ observations etc. If I were you I'd do the same that way you are always ready for what they throw at you?!

I try to do that after meetings about my son just so I can go back to it when needed, especially as we have a lazy ed psych who doesn't do what he always says he will!

Keep going!!! >:D<<'>

The other option is to put a small dictaphone in your pocket! Great for catching them out when they say something stupid!!!

Just be careful about this kind of thing in court - it might be illegal or something. Otherwise, it's a great idea.

I find that I ask a carefully-formatted question in a meeting (that I've been rehearsing for ages) and then when the answer comes I just blank out! I'm much better on paper than in person.

Keep going, Paula. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lizzie x