Sign in to follow this  
ksasnic

Please Sign the petition

Sorry if this has already been posted before but it is important...

Whilst over on thetazbar.com in the forums I saw this -

A member has started a petition to the PM, asking for services and provisions for children with AS to be re-looked at... Can you please read the petition and sign it if you agree?

Hi

thanks so much for helping out, basically my son Charlie is non-verbal ( he's 6 years old) in September 2006 the PCT stopped all Speech and Language Therapy for 5 year olds and upwards in mainstream schools, obviously if its written into your child's statement ( part 3 - education provision ) then the LEA have a legal duty to provide it! ..... they have refused to put extra provisions in place until April when the PCT and LEA can fund it jointly, even when April comes our children will still not get the adequate provisions because SaLT is seriously under funded - my sons last 2 visits from his therapist were June 2006 and November 2005!!!

The reason for this petition is really because it just seems that LEA's and PCT's never seem to accountable for their actions ( the secretary of state i've been told cannot reprimand the LEA over past performances so he will not get involved ) all the while our children suffer the consequences!! Their statements aren't often worth the paper they are written on! to sign my petition go to:

petitions.pm.gov.uk/spectrum

thanks alot for your support!

Name deleted, but it is on the petition on line.

To sign the petition, you don't need www. just petitions.pm.gov.uk/spectrum

Thanks for your support in advance.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/spectrum/

I think we all need to be in on this so far there are only 200 or so signatures lets get more as this may affect us at the present or further down the line....

Thanks Autism Awareness over on Tazbar for bringing this to our attention...

Thanks Adamsmum - I think we have until 22 May 2007 before the petition closes...

So the more the merrier- we needs lots more now its up to 244... so come on folks... sign your name in support...