Sign in to follow this  
Katiebell

Information for clubs

Hi everyone,

I've had a quick look through this section but can't quite find what I'm after.

I'm looking for a very simple leaflet or something that I can give to T's cub leader, Judo instructor or anyone else who might need to know about his autism. Although I have told them of his 'condition' It really saddens me when I see their looks of irritation at T. as a result of their own ignorance.

Thanks

Katiebell

As a Young Leader to Beavers, cubs and Sea Scout I can see where both of you are coming from for alot of parents we can get used as a babysitting service!! Where the kids really dont want to be there and there proberly feel that this is the same!! I however am a student with digonised Dyslexic, dyspraxic, dysgraphia, dysculia and undisgonised but strongly suspected AS, my tutor has made all my lectres aware of this and to treat it like it is AS. However there is one who will be really narsty if I ask questions and embrasses me infornt of the class as well as being really sarcastic about me ( which I was not aware of it until a few in my group were laughing about it and my tutor over heard!! My tutor has tried to expalin to him but still has no understanding!!!

OPPS gone on to much!!

Anyway, this is all that the Scout leaders have access to (its availble to view from the website to the public)

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs...fs/fs250022.pdf

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs...fs/fs250025.pdf

Hope these are of any help any probs PM me!

Katie

Edited by Mumble_rocks

Hi Katiebell -

The factsheets from autism london are a bit longer, but also more detailed. You may be able to edit them down to bits that are very specific to 'T'.

That said, if they're genuinely interested in learning/supporting 3 or 4 pages is nowt! :lol::lol:

autism london

L&P

BD :D

Mumblerocks - really useful links, but are you sure their ok to post here? If they're from the 'public' area of the scouts website they're probably fine, but if you have to log in or anything it might be worth checking?

L&P

BD :D

I believe you can get free leaflets from NAS as well. Might have to pay postage. Certainly as a member you can get something like 30 at a time for free. From what I could tell cover the main points and have the NAS contact details incase people want to find out more.

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=435

For some reason on the website it says they cost 1p. In the resources guide they are free. As I said I guess you'd have to pay postage though. Hope there isn't a problem with providing direct links.