jlp

Parental representations

I have a document that is 6 pages long and not quite finished (will need to be trimmed I think!) and am currently trying to write what I think G needs lol lol.

So far I said we need -

- speech therapy concentrating on the social side of language (rather than the short burst of say 'shh', say 'th' which we had recently and which wasn't our primary concern anyway)

- Full time one to one support (he currently gets 5 mornings but it was recently agreed that he isn't accessing the curriculum during the afternoon)

- a continuation of the visual supports, work station, home-school diary, social stories etc that we already have

- social skills programme

- anger management

Is there anything really obvious I haven't mentioned?

Infact any tips for writing this thing would be greatly appreciated! (I've read the sticky above and am working from that layout)

I can pm a link to our anonomised advice for anyone who wants to use it for ideas :) please do not copy it to show to anyone else.

I've pm'd it to you jlp :)

My parental rep was the whole of 90 (yeah I know, ninety) pages long, but it seems to have made the difference between everyone saying there was nothing wrong with him and him now being in a special unit with FULL TIME TA support (1-2-1)! If you would like a copy, I can email it to you, that would give you a more thorough idea although ofcourse our children are always very different!

My advice would be to consider that you may not be writing your representations for the recipient only (ie the LEA), but also a panel if you end up going to tribunal. So it's worth thinking about how you would want the "third eye" to consider your representations.