Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Pead checklist for children on the high function side

MY dd had a review with pead and she did a test again something like a chat checklist, and dd was able to preform it easily and said she made good progress and is discharging her but she wasnt concerned that dd didnt make eye contact when preforming the activities, dd repeated her short sentences without any meaning, short attention span, couldnt name any colours or answer short questions like name etc..

Said her speech was really good ?

Shes 3 and even though she can say what she sees, her speech is becoming unclear, her conversations are one sided she cant answer questions

I asked about her rituals that i noticed appearing when she was 1yr old and she said she is testing me and with tanturms of changing clothes i should try stickers and praise her more.

Not interested with her sensory issues which is part of her short attention span with visual stim.

And said when the SALT reviews her in nursery she will prob discharge her too.

I had all this with a different pead with older dd anf thought hard and now under ot for SID and poss Dyspraxia at mo but i moved dd to this one and she said that as older dd is getting anxious over school work that it may be better for her to have no additional support and i shouldnt expect her to be top of the class as she wont be! and because maybe from my experience i want to make their life easier in school so im trying to get the correct support she thinks im too anxious and and making dd feel this well, not the fact that dd compares herself to others and im trying to raise her self-esteem.

Pead ended it with promote her strengths and not think about her weakness

hi,you are entitled for a second opion with someone else,write to the manger of the your child health where your child is seen .