Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Logans test results for measles came back...

for his measles - or not as the case may be. Docs exact words were 'his tests came back and its unlikely he had measles, but he is immune (which hubby thinks would suggest he HAS had it because MMR doesn't provide compelete immunity), so they can't be sure'.

I thought the tests could tell for sure but I guess seeing as it was 2 weeks after we went to the docs and a week after he was better before they even did the tests! (our surgery is ######!)

Thats not really the point though, my question is knowing that he is immune to measles, would you still have the MMR booster or not?

Just to add too I dont think the MMR has anything to do with logans autism, just that I dont see the point in subjecting him to any injections that he doesnt need - the stress is a nightmare.

Lynne

Depends if you want immunity from mumps and rubella. He wouldn't need vac for measles as he is immune but that means he is less likely to react with the MMR (temp and rash that can happen etc).

For my dd I wouldn't really bother if measles was ok, but for a boy mumps could be nasty so might be worth it for that reason alone.

Just my opinions obviously ;)

A x

Could you perhaps pay for the single vaccines and omit the measles one? When my sons went for the preschool mmr they only revaccinate one of the trio as the other two are unnecessary. I dont think the mmr caused my sons autism ( he had the 1st ) but we decieded that it was a lot of chemicals to give in one go and that the single option seemed better and kinder to their developing bodies/brains.

Its a difficult decision to make I'm glad that my 3 boys are nearly at the end of that stage!

Talk to your dr and talk to a dr who offers single vaccines and see what they suggest. We are in the midlands, I can let you have the details of the Dr we use. Believe it or not he is very non biased re vaccinations. His surgery are great for advice and will talk over the phone.

My son went on to develop measles after his MMR jab. He really was very poorly. When it came to his pre school booster jab I refused it. The doc and health visitor were insistant that he had it. I made an appointment to chat to the HV and stated my reasons for not wanting him to have it. She understood completely and said he would be immune to measles now anyway. I allowed him to have his tetanus and diptheria (or whatever else it is they have at the same time) but he didn't have the MMR.

Hoep that helps.