Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Can't believe it.

Am feeling quite nervous now!

Had a phone call late this afternoon from the CDAC. They asked if I still wanted an appointment for M! :wallbash: Must have been enquiring as I hadn't telephoned to check where he was on the list for a couple of months, which may have been because they gave me a date. I think now that something went wrong IYGWIM and there was no appointment. AA teacher said she would check appointment on Monday. So CDAC secretary tells me they have a cancellation for 3 weeks time as M has been waiting so long. Feeling very pleased it is in the school hols as now nosy Head won't attend!!!!

Anyway feeling like this road we've been on so long waiting for assessment is finally coming to an end, although i know that another journey will be waiting!

mum22boys

P.S Any advice for preparing for this assessment? Thanks

I don't really know, other than make notes of things what you want to discuss, developmental and behaviour wise. Sorry I can't give any more help, hopefully someone else will be of more assistance >:D<<'>

Hi, Mum22boys.

I guess it's hard to know how to prepare for an assessment, apart from trying to get things clear in your head. I'm not sure as to exactly what kind of assessment you're going for, but presume it's diagnostic.

At some point sit down with pen and paper and list all your concerns, worries or whatever. Think about when things started, how things differed from siblings and from other children. No doubt you'll be asked for a history, which will probably entail answering questions in a kind of interview format. Prepare to tell it how it is.

Do you know if they will be testing or observing M in some way? There's little you can do to prepare him for that; again, you want them to see him how he is. If he's variable, make sure they know. If he tends to hide stuff really well, make sure they know.

Make a list of anything you're not sure about and questions you want to ask. If questions arise during the assessment, ask them. Prepare to feel pretty drained afterwards!

And let us know how you get on, of course.

All the best,

Lizzie x

:( Oh so sorry I missed this post, afraid I don't really have any advice apart from the usual -making sure you are prepared with notes, facts etc and if possible having someone with you to take notes on what is being said. Good luck.

Clare x >:D<<'>