Sign in to follow this  
lainey

picking bits off the floor

hi just wondering if i,m being paranoid but is picking bits off the floor all the time a asd trait my 7 asd never did but my 22 month old is doing this all the time and giving bits of fluff off my rug to me am i being over paranid and looking for things i dont know

I have no idea if it's an ASD trait or not... but I remember my eldest two (one of them NT) both doing this when they were babies and I thought it was really cute :D I remember the serious expression as they handed me a crumb or a bit of fluff they'd found on the floor... :lol:

I couldn't say for certain but as far as I'm aware I think it's just one of those things that babies do.... especially when they've learned the pincer grip and they want to practice it... IYKWIM....

Unless there are other signs I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Flora XX :D

I agree with Flora. I think they're so near to the ground that they notice all these little bits on the floor and they're ever so interesting to them. :D BTW, if you'd like to bring your little one round to my house, my carpets would certainly keep him busy!! :lol::lol::o:ph34r:

~ Mel ~

My son used to entertain himself picking ants and other bugs from the garden or the playground. He got punished once for not arriving on time to his classroom (he was too concentrated on the school woodlice) :lol: He was always interested in the tiniest things he could find.

Curra

Probably generally more an OCD trait (compulsive picking up of things, ordering things) but it's often hard to tell them apart to be honest. It really depends on what else goes along with it...