Sign in to follow this  
carrieq

I am SOOOOO angry

I am furious.

Ds and all of us go to a gym on Saturdays. He goes to a class which he has done for over 4 years. Anyway last Saturday he was walking poolside and flicked water in a boys face. He admits this but says it was an accident the water flew off his foot! The boys mother then shouted on him by the "Oi, you" method.

Ds didn't respond so she went over to him and pulled him towards her and as ds says pointed alot at him. At this point he, according to the woman, no other witnesses and ds says he didn't say it, called her and her son f**king freaks. The woman then went into the changing room after dd and found her getting dried and screamed at her about how she was going to see me, where was I. DD was beside herself and just said she was really sorry about ds he has "problems". Dd told me about this as we were leaving when she saw the woman at reception and dd just broke down.

I told dd what to do if it happened again (didn't know she had touched ds at this point) and thought this would be an end to it

The womans' son is of mixed race so she has made a formal verbal complaint against ds saying he racially abused her son. Her complaint has gone to the regional manager who is investigating whether ds is a racist!!

Have put in written formal complaint about her physically and verbally abusing my children and highlighted ds dx so they know any action has to take his disability into consideration.

I am at a loss to see how what he is supposed to have said, no witness except the woman, is racist, except that he made a derogitory comment to a person from a margionalised group but it didn't make reference to his colour.

Also ds has a language disorder and his clarity of speech is poor so how someone who has not tuned into his voice can completely understand him I don't know.

I feel a huge mountain has been made out of something fairly trivial and I am so angry that someone thinks they can just trample over my wee boy. He will NOT take the blame for something he hasn't done regardless of his conditions. I find the fact that someone thinks they can pull ny children and verbally harrass them much more serious than a boy getting splashed in a swimming pool and then allegedly being called a name!!

Oh I need to calm down a bit but I am just so annoyed...... Sorry about long post but just had to get it off my chest!

Carrie

Aw, Carrie what a horrible thing to have to deal with. >:D<<'>

We've had quite a few of these 'minor' incidents' over the years which have been blown up out of all proportion by the so called adults involved overreacting and overstepping the mark with what they think they can say and do to other peoples kids. They make my blood boil too. :wallbash:

Can't offer much advice because I usually just end up in tears over things like this. At the end of the day this woman was supposed to be the grown up in the situation and it certainly doesn't sound like she acted like one! Lets hope the chlorine turns her hair green and she gets an abundance of verrucas on her feet and any other horrid things associated with swimming!! (Not that I am childish or vengeful in any way myself of course! :P:fight:

Take Care

Luv Witsend.

Id lodge a complant against this idot women for assulting a minor.

Im so mad and hes not my child.Yr poor daughter must be so upset,hoe dare this women follow her into a changing room has she not heard of privacy.

:( No wonder you are so angry, what an awful experience for you all. I would certainly lodge a complaint against this woman, how dare she intimidate your children and they are so young, I hope it does not put them off going to the gym/pool again.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

EXPLETIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots and lots of them!

I'm so mad on your behalf. What a ridiculous woman. Your poor, poor wee people (DS and DD), and poor you. The sad thing is that there are so many of these women about.

Can't offer advice, only support. I think you have done the right thing by lodging a compliant about this woman, and making it clear that your son has a disability.

Good luck with it and here's some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and yours.