Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Need a moan

Just need a bit of a grumble.

Bill is in a foul mood.

His pc kept losing it's connection, so we spent all weekend routing his wireless thing from his room into another room where it will pick up the connection better.... Works fab now.... no more screaming fits because he's lost his wireless connection again... HOWEVER.... now his mouse isn't working properly and he had one fit after another.... I know I know I shouldn't give in to this sort of demand but for world peace I went out to buy him a new mouse... THought I'd got a bargain yesterday in Argos... wireless mouse 7.49!!!! Tried to connect it this afternoon and the bit that connects to the pc was an old connection... a round usb connector instead of the modern rectangle type.... HUGE HUGE screaming fit... shouting at everybody.... I don't feel too well and am worried about tomorrow's meeting so had to count backwards from 100 in an effort not have a melt down of my own!

Added to that Ben is absolutely obsessed with shop tills at the moment and this is getting out of control even though he is a little sweetheart he has been going on and on and on and on and on ad infinitum about how we should sell the house and move into a shop so that he can have a real till. I've bought him a toy till but that's not good enough now.. it has to be a real till in a real shop... and he NEVER stops talking about it and I love him to bits but it's really really really starting to get on my nerves!!!!

I'm really tired because I'm sleeping with Ben at the moment in a single bed because he doesn't want to sleep in his bed so he's sleeping in Suze's room but her room is on the third floor and he doesn't want to be by himself up there!!!!! I am going to buy him a new bed when I have enough money and have time to go and buy one.....

I could do with an early night but Suze has gone on a school trip to see the Tempest and won't get back from London until midnight when I have to go and pick her up from the school which is 10 miles away.

I'm tired and want some chocolate but can't be bothered to go and get any.

And to take his mind off the till Ben is watching Sponge Bob Square Pants over and over and I can't stand the sound of it any longer.

And I've got a splitting headache and feel sick and it feels suspiciously like it may turn into a migraine.

SCREEEAAAAAM

aaah.

Going insane

Flora X

lets go insane together flo :dance::dance::dance:

its horrible when everything seems to be going wrong,i always think tomorrow will be better, it hardly ever is but i still like thinking it :D

whats the tempest?is it a show or on at the pictures?ive never heard of it

:crying: Just typed a great long post - and then it vanished! :crying:

You've cursed us all :lol::lol::lol:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Sounds like a case of the OMG - GET ME OUT OF HERE's :tearful::wallbash::wacko:

Chocolate is the way forward - not so great for your headache though!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hev and smiley :lol:

hev...the tempest is a shakespeare play... all thees and thous I think!

headache getting better thanks to megralive.

Bill got in such a temper a while ago I thought he was having an epileptic fit. He was convulsing on his bed and not making a sound... was pure rage!!! :o

I've sat him down in the living room with a bowl of coco pops.. probably won't help his temper but at least he's away from the pc....All this hysteria just because his mouse is a bit iffy... it's working... just needs a new ball in it or something.

It's nothing totally out of the ordinary but I think with him being home all the time that I've just had it up to my back teeth....We all know how that feels though don't we?

Also... his voice has started breaking.... When he shouts now it keeps going croaky so maybe he has extra hormones wizzing around :huh: either that or he's been shouting so much he's damaged his vocal codes :rolleyes:

Thank heavens for this forum to come and sound off with people who KNOW!!!

Flora :D

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I know it does not help but my son thinks Bill is well cool.....saw his video clips on you tube !!!!!

Sorry your having such a bad day I can truly empathise especially where the PC thing is concerned we too have just had mouse trouble.....you'd think the dam thing was his life support machine !

Clare x

Hi Flozza - sorry you're having a rough 'un :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Quick point...

Chances are you have got a 'round usb' socket on the back of your computer (unless it's very very VERY new!) - you're just looking in the wrong place! Their called PS2 ports, and if he hasn't got a USB keyboard you'll probably find it's the GREEN socket next to the PURPLE socket his keyboard plugs into...

Often their quite a way away from the USB sockets cos USB tend to get stuck everywhere these days (on the front/top/back/sides) 'cos so many peripherals use them... PS/2's were pretty much keyboard and mouse, so one purple and one green wherever they can find a space on the mobo is usually plenty!

So down and hands and knees, I'm afraid (fnar fnar), but if you can get a peek at the back end (yak yak), you'll probably find you can sort him out tonight and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet!

L&P

BD :D

Baddad

Thanks for the tip >:D<<'> :D

Sadly Bill's computer is virtually brand new... he got it for Christmas, even his kb is a modern usb socket type thing. I've looked on every inch of it and there are no round socket things!

Shows you how much he's used it... 3 months old and he's worn the mouse out already! I've given it a bit of a clean (took the ball out) and turned his mouse mat upside down so it's got something to grip onto... slight improvement but not ideal.

He's a bit calmer.... I had a natter with him... just light hearted stuff and made him laugh about his Ron Weasley voice break!!! He's now talking to his Newcastle friend on the phone and he's had a melatonin so he is much more calm.

Thanks anyway... :D

Clare... thanks for that hun.... I'll pass the message on to Bill... he'll be well chuffed... :D

Flora X

Edited by Flora

Baddad

Shows you how much he's used it... 3 months old and he's worn the mouse out already! I've given it a bit of a clean (took the ball out) and turned his mouse mat upside down so it's got something to grip onto... slight improvement but not ideal.

Flora X

Ah... if it's a ball mouse rather than optical it'll be crud on the rollers! Take the trackerball out again, then VERY GENTLY run a match or cocktail stick or the stick from a cotton bud along the two rollers inside, once you've dislodged the crud and shaken it out you'll be right as ninepence!

Tip two - when you buy the new mouse BUY TWO and put one away ;) and buy OPTICAL... they don't crud up! :lol::lol:

L&P

Edited by baddad

Ah... if it's a ball mouse rather than optical it'll be crud on the rollers! Take the trackerball out again, then VERY GENTLY run a match or cocktail stick or the stick from a cotton bud along the two rollers inside, once you've dislodged the crud and shaken it out you'll be right as ninepence!

I've always just used a finger nail to get it off. Often found that it is so hard that is the only way to get rid of it. You can easily see if there is a build up on either of the two rollers. If there is it can stop them touching the ball all the time and hence the mouse seems very temperamental. I agree with Bagdad though. An optical mouse is far nicer. I would probably go for a wired one if you replace it. You'll find a lot about wireless but your then forever changing batteries. If you did decided to go wireless it is a good idea to buy a mouse with a docking station to charge it in or at least a second battery. A replacement mouse shouldn't cost more than �5 or �6 though. Unless you go for a really top end gaming type mouse. One on my bro's PC is a lazer one and cost 10times that. You can also adjust the sensitivity. Doesn't really get used to it's full potential though.

EDIT: One like this would probably be fine for him. http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/88755

Only thing you can really wear out quickly on an optical mouse is the pads that make it move easier. These you can buy replacements for. You just have to cut it out and stick it over the top. Just means the mouse moves with less effort.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Cleaning the guff out of my mouse is what I live for - don't get much excitement otherwise. :dance::P I also find the fingernail a useful tool for this, David.

Flora, hope tomorrow is a big improvement on today, and if not, that you at least manage to get that chocolate fix.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

I've always just used a finger nail to get it off. Often found that it is so hard that is the only way to get rid of it

I also find the fingernail a useful tool for this, David.

To all my fellow nail biters...

Match/Cocktail stick/Blunt q tip/Swiss army knife...

smug, cuticle-owning ********!! :lol::lol::lol:;)

L&P

To all my fellow nail biters...

Match/Cocktail stick/Blunt q tip/Swiss army knife...

smug, cuticle-owning ********!! :lol::lol::lol:;)

A long fingernail has multiple handy household uses...

You could just grow one, BD, and continue chewing the other nine if you must. :)

K x ;)