Sign in to follow this  
David Matthew Baker

I do seem to pick some strange schools...

I don't know. I don't think I can go to a school that is boring. At least it means that things never get too samey. Today we had a student who was apparently high on drugs tell two girls on the way to school that he was going to kill most of the special needs team. Apparently he was abused when younger and was taken away from his parents and put into care. His mum died shortly afterwards and the school have got the blame for him not been with her. Had the police in who were taking it very seriously. Still also in two minds what to do about something that happened the day before too. One of the members of staff came in and started really laying into my boss (he wasn't around at the time) and got rather personal. This was in a room where there were students. So far I have left it to the other member of staff as she says she is dealing with it. Not sure it shouldn't really go to someone higher up.

I laugh almost everytime I remember what the person incharge of the teacher training course said to me 'I want you to get some experience of challenging inner city schools'. I think I must have done pretty well when it comes to seeing challenging behaviour since she said that. For secondaries in this country I've now only managed 1 out of 3 where the police haven't been called to an incident. Other members of the department ended up understandably on edge too. At least in the Special School I knew what I was letting myself in for. It seems in mainstream it just ends up very random. Well I'll know not to suggest that I'm bored again on this forum. :unsure::unsure: